Stories are how we understand the world...
Someone needs yours now.
Let's break the mystery of book writing into a process that works for you. From our first call, together we'll come up with a powerful starting point for your writing (even if you have some pages already).
You most likely found your way here because ...
- some considerate friend of yours, or a grateful client of mine sent you. That's the best!
- you've gotten as far as you can on your own; blocking time in your calendar and staring at the blank page isn't getting the words out
- you've got sixty pages but no outline, no start and no finish, and no idea what to do next
- your publisher is breathing down your neck to produce quality chapters and you're stuck
- your writing doesn't sound the way you want it to
- you need this book done by the time the website or online course launches and your team is waiting on you
- you're maxed out, burned out, and can't do it alone anymore.
Yahoo for You! You're asking for an expert to help take you across the finish line.
- You need a writing partner, with proper experience ... Another course isn't going to get the pages written if you feel like you've run out of steam.
- You need a limitless pool of ideas ... Another tip, template or prompt might get you a paragraph, but what about the other 2,000 of them you need?
- You need someone who believes you can do this and is invested in you completing the book, and achieving the goal.
Pst! You need me.
I can help you fall in love with your book again.
I help executive, life, intimacy and spiritual coaches and transformational leaders, teachers and speakers develop books that change their reader's lives.
Just this year I worked on over a dozen books that have found their way with Big Five publishers, partner-publishers, small boutique imprints and entrepreneurial presses.
Some of my clients have shared their praise about how I helped them meet their publishing goals.
If you just started, I can guide you to craft a book that does what you dream it will before you head too far down a self-doubting path alone. I've been known to be a writer's saviour, especially when...
- there's a stack of pages staring at you from your desk drawer. I can turn them into a publishable book with you.
- you're not sure if the writing is strong enough, or maybe a publisher suggested you get some help? I'll revise it with you.
- you have a deadline looming and you're struggling with time management and organization? Bring me in as a project pinch hitter. We'll get a stellar book delivered on time.
I want to help you tell the story of your life.
Here's what working together looks like...
You write a little, inspired by an event, a talk you gave, a client that you coach, a class you taught, a provocative memory.
Your pile of pages grows, and we review them together and keep the best base work, making notes together on enhancements, memories to dig for, conversations to highlight.
A chapter title comes out of the content, and you get a mental snapshot of how to begin and end this piece that is now 25 pages centred around a theme.
Another theme, another chapter, and we begin to consider a layout, an order of things, an outline.
While writing to the outline, at a pace that is manageable yet inspiring, we set aside some part of our calls to consider the bigger picture goals you told me about when we began.
Do we need to consider a proposal for an agent? What deadline are you working to? What are realistic expectations given the pace that we have established.
And onward we move together, speaking often and reviewing your writing, work plan, goals and expectations on an ongoing basis.
Sounds better than tossing your notebook across the Starbucks parking lot doesn't it?
Dive deep into the first steps of shaping your memoir.
Overcome your barriers before you even put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard).